The Most Decadent Cornbread Casserole Ever, Made SkinnyReport Violation
2 large onions, chopped (about 3½ cups)
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter or Smart Balance Light
4 egg whites
1 egg, I love Egg-Land’s Best eggs
2 tablespoons fat-free or reduced-fat milk
1 (1-LB) package Marie Callender’s Original Corn Bread Mix
2 (14.5 oz) cans cream-style corn
1 cup fat-free sour cream (½ pint)
½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat a 13”x9” baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, add the onions and butter. Cook in the microwave on high for about 4 minutes until soft. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the egg whites, egg and milk. Stir in the cornbread mix and cream-style corn. Spread cornbread batter into the prepared dish.
4. Spoon the cooked onions and liquid left in the bowl evenly over the top.
5. Using a rubber spatula carefully spread the sour cream over the onions. It’s not necessary to completely cover the onions. The sour cream will create little pillows.
6. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of the sour cream.
7. Bake for about 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
9. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting into squares. This casserole may be made ahead of time, refrigerated and reheated. It also freezes great.
Makes 16 servings
Serving Tip-This casserole makes a wonderful side dish to serve with turkey, chicken, beef, pork or a bowl of chili. In addition, ! love it served with my recipe for Skinny Steak Fajitas.
The skinny on this divine casserole is 205 calories, 5 grams of fat and 5 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS.
For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com