Spicy Shrimp NachosReport Violation
Delicious Spicy Shrimp Nachos - Appetizer Perfect For A Gameday Party.
- 1 cup mango, seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1 fresh jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped*
- 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 lb. peeled, deveined uncooked shrimp
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 cups tortilla chips (8 oz.)
- 4 oz. Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1. Preheat broiler. For salsa, in a bowl stir together mango, sweet pepper, onion, and chile pepper; set aside. In a large bowl stir together brown sugar and jerk seasoning. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Coat a grill pan or large skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add half the shrimp at a time to the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until shrimp are opaque. Remove and set aside. If desired, coarsely chop shrimp.
2. Spread tortilla chips on a broiler-safe platter or baking sheet. Top with shrimp and salsa. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil 4 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Makes 8 Equal Servings