Spicy Breakfast CasseroleReport Violation
- 12 to 16 ounces smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, optional
- 4 slices bread torn in 1-inch pieces, or use 2 large croissants, sliced sandwich-style and torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
Heat oven to 350°. Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
In a large skillet, cook sliced sausage with the onion and bell pepper until vegetables are translucent. Whisk eggs with milk in a bowl with the Creole seasoning, pepper, and parsley, if using; set aside.
Arrange torn bread over the bottom of the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle with the sausage mixture and the diced tomatoes. Top with Cheddar cheese then pour the egg mixture evenly over the top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until puffy and lightly browned.
Makes 6 Servings