South Beach Diet Crab CakesReport Violation
South Beach Diet Recipes - Delicious South Beach Diet Crab Cakes With A Zesty Pepper Sauce (Phase 2).
Creamy Pepper Sauce
2 whole jarred roasted red peppers, drained
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Ground black pepper
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 rib celery, finely chopped
1 egg white
2 tablespoons ground walnuts
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons crab boil seasoning, such as Old Bay
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon celery seeds, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
1 pound lump crabmeat, flaked and drained
1/2 teaspoon hot-pepper sauce
1 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
Sprig Italian parsley, for garnish
To make the sauce:
1. Puree the roasted peppers in a food processor or blender. Add the mayonnaise and black pepper as desired and process briefly to combine. Transfer to a small bowl.
To make the crab cakes:
1. Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft. Remove to a large bowl.
2. Stir in the egg white, walnuts, parsley, mayonnaise, lemon juice, crab boil seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, celery seeds, and paprika. Blend with a fork. Stir in the crabmeat and hot-pepper sauce. Mix thoroughly.
3. Form into 8 patties. Place the bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Roll the patties in the bread crumbs to coat completely.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add the crab cakes and cook for 2 minutes. Cover and cook for 1 minute longer, or until browned on the bottom. Coat the tops with cooking spray and turn over. Cook for 2 minutes longer, uncovered, or until golden brown. Serve with the sauce dolloped in dots on the plate. Garnish with the parsley.
Makes 4 Servings
Per Serving: 470 calories, 34 g fat, 5 g saturated fat, 24 g protein, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 115 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium