Skinnylicious Red Velvet Cake!Report Violation
1 (18.25 ounces) Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Cake Mix or Devil’s Food
1 (3.4 oz) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup buttermilk
½ cup warm water
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 ounce red food coloring (1 bottle)
2 eggs, we love Egg-Land’s Best eggs
2 egg whites
Skinny Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
4 ounces (½ of an 8 ounce package of reduced-fat cream cheese)
1½ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon reduced-fat milk
Sprinkles for decorating or mini semisweet chocolate chips, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a bundt pan with cooking spray with flour, see shopping tip below.
2. In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, combine all the cake ingredients except the eggs and whites. Beat well. Add the eggs and egg whites and beat on high for 1 minute.
3. Fill bundt pan and spread the batter evenly. Shake the pan a few times to make the batter is even on top.
4. Bake for about 55-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 15 minutes. Carefully loosen sides of cake with a flat knife or spoon before removing. Invert cake onto plate. Let it cool before frosting.
5. To make the frosting-using a mixer, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powder sugar, milk and mix until smooth. It should be somewhat thick.
6. Drizzle the frosting all around the top of cooled cake. Decorate with sprinkles or mini chocolate chips, if desired.
7. Store in the refrigerator.
Makes 16 servings
Whenever a recipe calls for using whole eggs, Egg-Land’s Best eggs are our favorite to use. They have less saturated fat, less cholesterol, more Vitamin D, more Vitamin E and double the Omega 3 than regular eggs. They’re sold in most supermarkets .
We love uses cooking spray with flour in it. It ensures that the baked cake will not stick to the pan and break. Cooking spray with flour can be found in the aisle where cooking oils are displayed.
Weight Watchers (old points) 6
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7
SKINNY FACTS: for one slice (not including sprinkles)
250 calories, 6.7g fat, 3g protein, 44g carbs, 0g fiber, 342mg sodium, 31g sugar
For more skinny recipes join me on http://skinnykitchen.com