Skinny Apple Pie Bread Pudding for Breakfast, Yum!Report Violation
Ingredients for Bread Pudding:
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
½ cup buttermilk or reduced-fat milk
¼ cup brown sugar, packed
1 large egg, I like using Egg-Land’s Best eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 slices mulit-grain or whole wheat bread, cubed, I love Milton’s multigrain
1 cup apple, peeled & chopped
Ingredients for Topping:
1 package sugar substitute such as Stevia, Truvia or Splenda
½ teaspoon cinnamon
Fat-free whipped cream or fat-free vanilla yogurt, optional
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat 4 glass custard cups (6 ounce size, which are 4″ wide) or same size ramekin or small baking dishes with cooking spray, see shopping tip
2. In a large bowl, combine applesauce, milk, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Fold in bread cubes and chopped apple.
3. Let stand for 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
4. Pour into the 4 glass custard cups. Mix together 1 package sugar substitute of your choice and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle a little on top of each. Place the 4 custard cups on a baking pan. Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
5. Serve warm. Dollop with a little whipped cream or yogurt on top, if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 4 servings (each serving, 1 custard cup full of bread pudding)
Weight Watchers (old points) 3
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 6
SKINNY FACTS: 1 serving
(each serving, 1 custard cup full of bread pudding)
198 calories, 2g fat, 6g protein, 45g carbs, 4g fiber, 135mg sodium, 28g sugar
*For more skinny recipes, pleas join me at http;//www.skinnykitchen.com