Sausage-Mushroom Pizza RecipeReport Violation
Sausage-Mushroom Pizza - Delicious Homemade Sausage and Mushroom Pizza Perfect For A Party Or Family Dinner Night.
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat
- 6 ounces Italian turkey sausage, about 2 large links, casings removed
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup prepared marinara or pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Position oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out or stretch dough on a lightly floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a medium nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, breaking up with a spatula or spoon, until cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Place bell pepper, mushrooms and water in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on High until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Drain.
- Spread sauce evenly over the crust. Top with the sausage, pepper and mushrooms and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until the crust is crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Makes 6 Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: 289 calories; 6 g fat ( 3 g sat , 1 g mono ); 28 mg cholesterol; 37 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 16 g protein; 3 g fiber; 705 mg sodium