PF Changs Mongolian BeefReport Violation
PF Changs Recipes, Delicious Copycat Recipe For PF Changs Mongolian Beef.
Find More Copycat Restaurant Recipes
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 c vegetable oil (for frying)
1/2 tsp ginger, minced
1 tbs garlic, chopped
1/2 c soy sauce
1/2 c water
3/4 c dark brown sugar
1 lb flank steak
1/4 c cornstarch
2 large green onions
1. Heat the 2 tsp of vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over med/low heat.
2. Add ginger and garlic to the pan, then quickly add the soy sauce and water before the garlic scorches.
3. Next dissolve the brown sugar in the sauce, then raise the heat to about medium and boil the sauce for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
4. Remove it from the heat.
Cooking the Beef
1. Slice the flank steak against the grain into 1/4″ thick bite-size slices.
2. Lightly coat the steak in the cornstarch, and let the beef sit for 5-10 minutes so the cornstarch sticks.
3. While the steak sits, heat up one cup of oil in a wok/skillet over medium heat.
4. Add the beef to the oil and evenly saute for just two minutes, or until the beef just begins to darken on the edges (don’t fully cook at this point).
5. Use a large slotted spoon to remove the meat and place onto paper towels, then dispose of the oil.
6. Put the pan back over the heat, add the water, dump the meat back into it and simmer for one minute.
7. Add the sauce, cook for one minute while stirring, then add all the green onions.
8. Cook for one more minute, then remove the beef and onions with tongs or a slotted spoon to a serving plate.
9. Leave the excess sauce behind in the pan.
Makes 2 Servings