Mediterranean OrzoReport Violation
Healthy Pasta Recipes - Delicious And Healthy Mediterranean Orzo Recipe Perfect For A Side Dish.
- 12 ounces chicken sausage halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch-thick half-moons
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces orzo
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1/2 cup crumbled fat-free feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of the vinegar, canola oil and 1/2 teaspoon of the oregano to pan; cook 2 minutes. Place sausage mixture in a large serving bowl.
2. Meanwhile, bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook orzo according to package directions. Add green beans to pasta pot for final 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain and rinse under cold water.
3. Place pasta mixture in serving bowl with sausage mixture and add remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon oregano, the feta, parsley and olive oil. Stir to combine; serve.
Makes 6 Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories 301; Protein 22g; Carbs 36g; Fat 7g; Fiber 3g; (Points Plus+ 7)