0 fat dessert 1 point appetizer 2 point appetizer 4th of july appetizers 4th of july dessert 4th of july recipe 4th of july recipes 5 point salad Academy Awards recipes alfredo almond cake almonds amish andouille sausage antipasto pizza antipasto salad appetizer appetizers apple bread pudding View all
Jamaican Chicken StewReport Violation
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 pound skinned, boned chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Combine chicken and the next 5 ingredients (chicken through black pepper) in a bowl. Add chicken mixture to pan; sauté 4 minutes. Stir in wine, capers, beans, and tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until tender.
- Serve over rice.
Makes 4 Servings (1 1/2 cups stew and 3/4 cup rice)