Irish Soda BreadReport Violation
4 1/4 Cups unbleached all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons sugar
4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, cut into small pieces
1 Cup Currants or raisins
2 Teaspoons Caraway seeds
2 Cups Buttermilk
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
1. Using an electric stand mixer with a dough hook, mix all of the dry ingredients to combine.
2. Mix in butter until the pieces are no larger than the size of small peas.
3. Add the raisins/ currants and buttermilk, mix until ingredients form dough.
4. Shape into one large or two small rounds
5. Lightly coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray and bake the bread until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean for approx. 25-30 minutes.
6. Let cool and serve with good quality strawberry Jam and freshly whipped lightly sweetened cream.