Huevos Rancheros Breakfast NachosReport Violation
- 4 1/2 cups baked tortilla chips (3 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup bottled salsa
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend (2 ounces)
1. Divide chips among serving plates, spreading into single layers; set aside. In a dry small saucepan, heat cumin seeds over medium heat about 1 minute or until aromatic, stirring frequently. Stir in black beans and salsa. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, and pepper. Coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until mixture starts to set on the bottom and around edge. Using a spatula or a large spoon, lift and fold the partially cooked egg mixture so that the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes or until egg mixture is cooked through, but is still glossy and moist. Remove from heat immediately.
3. Break up cooked eggs and spoon onto tortilla chips. Top with salsa mixture and cheese. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 Servings