0 fat dessert 1 point appetizer 2 point appetizer 4th of july appetizers 4th of july dessert 4th of july recipe 4th of july recipes 5 point salad Academy Awards recipes alfredo almond cake almonds amish andouille sausage antipasto pizza antipasto salad appetizer appetizers apple bread pudding View all
French Toast BitesReport Violation
- 1 loaf (about 1 lb.) sturdy artisan-style bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat milk (1% or 2%)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Cut bread into 1-inch-thick slices. Trim crusts; cut bread into 1-inch cubes. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add 2 cups bread cubes and mix to saturate.
- 2. Lightly butter a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan. Place pan over medium-high heat. Lift bread cubes from mixture, shaking off excess liquid. Add cubes to hot pan and cook (adjust heat if necessary), turning as needed, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Keep warm.
- 3. Repeat to soak and cook remaining cubes. Discard any remaining egg mixture.