Easter Pistachio Cake, Easy to Make and Deliciously SkinnyReport Violation
1 (18.25 ounces) Duncan Hines Yellow Cake Mix
1 (3.4 oz) package of instant pistachio pudding
1 cup fat-free milk
½ cup warm water
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon almond
2 eggs, I like Eggland’s Best eggs
2 egg whites
1½ cups powdered sugar
¼ teaspoon almond extract
1½ tablespoons fat-free milk
1 drop green food coloring
1 tablespoon sprinkles, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray with flour in it, see shopping tip below.
2. In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, combine all the cake ingredients except the eggs and egg whites. Beat well.
3. Add the eggs and egg whites. Mix well.
4. Pour the cake batter evenly into the coated Bundt pan.
5. Bake for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes and then carefully remove from pan.
6. Let cake cool completely. In a small bowl, mix together all the topping ingredients except the sprinkles. Mix until very thick and smooth. Drizzle glaze over the top of the cake. Decorate with sprinkles on top, if desired.
Weight Watchers (old points) 5
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7
SKINNY FACTS: for 1 slice
228 calories, 5g fat, 3g protein, 47g carbs, 0g fiber, 311mg sodium, 31g sugar
For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://www.skinnykitchen.com