Dreamy, Skinny Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese FrostingReport Violation
Ingredients for Cake
1 (18.25 oz) Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla instant pudding
½ cup water
¼ cup canola oil
2 eggs, I like Egg-Land’s Best
2 egg whites (¼ cup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Frosting
½ of an 8 ounce package of reduced-fat cream cheese
1½ cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon reduced-fat or fat-free milk
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray (with flour in it)
2. In an electric mixer or using a hand mixer, add the cake mix, pumpkin, pudding, water and oil. Mix for a few seconds to combine. Add the eggs, egg whites, vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until blended. Turn mixer on high and mix until very smooth. Stop the mixer and scrape down sides. Mix again for a few seconds.
3. Pour cake batter into the coated Bundt pan. Spread the top evenly.
4. Bake about 60-65 minutes until a tooth pick inserted, comes out clean.
Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes. Carefully loosen all the sides with a flat knife or spoon and remove the cake onto a plate. Cool cake completely before frosting.
5. To make the frosting-using a mixer, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add the powder sugar, milk and mix until smooth. It should be somewhat thick.
6. Drizzle the frosting all around the top of cooled cake.
7. Store in the refrigerator. This cake freezes great too.
Makes 16 servings
Weight Watchers (old points) 6
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7
SKINNY FACTS: for 1 serving
257 calories, 7.6g fat, 3g protein, 45g carbs, 1g fiber, 315mg sodium, 31g sugar
For More skinny recipes, please join me on http://skinnykitchen.com