Delicious and Nutritious Roasted Pumpkin SeedsReport Violation
1½ cups pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
Garlic powder, cayenne pepper, or seasoning salt, optional
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Clean off the strings and pulp from the seeds of a pumpkin. While it’s okay to leave some strings and pulp on the seeds, clean off as much as possible.
3. Place the cleaned seeds in a bowl and toss with olive oil.
4. Place coated seeds on a baking pan and spread in a single layer. Sprinkle with a little salt and other seasonings, if desired.
5. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown
6. Add more salt, if desired.
Makes 6 servings
Weight Watchers (old points) 6
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 6
SKINNY FACTS: for one serving (¼ cup)
217 calories, 18g fat, 9g protein, 6g carbs, 1g fiber, 201mg sodium, 0g sugar
For more skinny recipes, join me at http://skinnykitchen.com