Chicken Pot Pie, Skinny-fiedReport Violation
3 cups Swanson’s reduced-sodium chicken broth
1½ cups onions, chopped
1 cup potato, peeled and cubed (½ inch cubes)
1 cup sweet potato, peeled and cubed (½ inch cubes)
1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
1 cup celery, sliced
1 lb chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), cut into bite-size pieces
1½ cups frozen peas (not defrosted)
1½ cup reduced-fat milk
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 pkg. Pillsbury Golden Layer Flaky Biscuits (100 calories for each biscuit)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large pan, add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
2. Stir in the onions, potato, sweet potato, carrots, and celery. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 6 minutes.
3. Add the chicken pieces and frozen peas, breaking them up. Bring back to a boil, turn the heat to simmer, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Place a colander into a large bowl. Pour the chicken, vegetables and broth into the colander. Add the strained broth back to the pan. Set aside the chicken and vegetables.
5. In separate small bowl, add the flour. Gradually add the milk to the flour stirring with a whisk, until well blended.
6. Increase the heat to medium with the broth. Stir in the milk/flour mixture with a whisk. Cook for 5 minutes or until thicken. Stir often.
7. Add back the chicken and vegetables, along with the thyme, salt and pepper. Mix well.
8. Coat an 11 x 7 baking dish (see Shopping Tip) with cooking spray and pour in the chicken stew.
9. Open the package of biscuits, separate them and place on top of the chicken stew. Line them evenly over the top.
10. Place the pie on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 14 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.
11. To serve, spoon into each bowl and top with one biscuit. There will be two extra biscuits for whoever desires.
Serves 8 (each serving, ⅛ of recipe and 1 biscuit)
Weight Watchers (old points) 5
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 7
SKINNY FACTS: For 1 serving (each serving, ⅛ of recipe and 1 biscuit)
266 calories, 6g fat, 38g carbs, 20g protein, 4g fiber, 653mg sodium, 8g sugar
For mre skinny recipes please join me at, http://www.skinnykitchen.com