0 fat dessert 1 point appetizer 2 point appetizer 4th of july appetizers 4th of july dessert 4th of july recipe 4th of july recipes 5 point salad Academy Awards recipes alfredo almond cake almonds amish andouille sausage antipasto pizza antipasto salad appetizer appetizers apple bread pudding View all
Burger-Potato BitesReport Violation
These tasty appetizers are for the meat-and-potatoes type of guy and perfect for any tailgating party.
- 16 large frozen French-fried waffle-cut potatoes (1/3 of a 22-oz. pkg.)
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 2 to 3 tsp. grilling seasoning blend
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, cut into quarters (4 oz.)
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Mustard, ketchup, dairy sour cream, and/or dill pickle slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Evenly space potatoes on baking sheet. Bake potatoes for 18 to 20 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. Remove from oven. Adjust oven racks and preheat broiler.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine meat and seasoning. Form into sixteen 1-ounce mini burgers (about 2 tablespoons). In a 12-inch skillet cook burgers, uncovered, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until temperature registers 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, turning burgers once halfway through cooking. Drain fat. Top each potato with a burger, cheese quarter, and tomato slice. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and tomato begins to brown. Serve with mustard, ketchup, sour cream, and/or pickles.
Makes 16 mini burgers