Bruschetta PastaReport Violation
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 or 3)
- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounces dry angel hair pasta
- 4 large tomatoes, halved, deseeded, and cut into ¼-inch wide pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- one 2/3-ounce package fresh basil, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat a grill/barbecue or grill pan on high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and put it on the grill/barbecue. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Let stand for 5 minutes and then cut each chicken breast into slices ¼-inch thick. Keep warm. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes, or until al dente. Drain the pasta and keep warm.
Combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, and olive oil in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Divide the chicken among 4 plates and top with some of the pasta. Scatter the tomato mixture over the pasta. Drizzle the vinegar over the tomatoes and sprinkle with Parmesan. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 Servings