Beef EnchiladasReport Violation
1/2 pound 95% lean beef
1 chili pepper, deseeded and chopped
2 jalapeño peppers, deseeded and chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups diced tomato
1/4 large white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup black beans
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp chili powder
cayenne pepper to taste
2 cups (16 oz) fat free sour cream
1 ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
12 high fiber tortillas
1/4 cup light white cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cups cooked brown rice
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and cook brown beef over medium heat until browned. Add peppers, tomato, onion and garlic and sauté until onions become translucent.
3. Reduce heat to low. Stir in black beans. Season with cumin, paprika, chili powder and cayenne. Add 1 cup of sour cream and mix gently. Cover and remove from heat.
4. In a food processor, blend remaining cup of sour cream and avocado in food processor, until smooth. Set aside.
5. Lightly coat casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon beef and bean mixture into tortillas and roll. Place enchiladas into dish, and top with avocado sauce and cheddar cheese.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.Serve with brown rice.
Nutritional Info Per Serving: Calories 222; Total Fat 6g; Cholesterol 12mg; Sodium 347mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g; Dietary Fiber 11g